Happy Haul

Hooray for yarn hauls! As predicted, I scored some super deals at the Gather Here Sidewalk Sale- though, I showed some amazing restraint, in my humble opinion. I picked up some Shibui Sock at a song, since it's now discontinued. I got two skeins each of Roppongi and Periwinkle. Oddly enough, I had been coveting the Roppongi colorway for a while, so this was definitely meant to be. Since I've been so into socks lately I didn't allow myself to get distracted by the other yarns on sale (insert self-congratulatory pat on the back here). But I had to look at the fabric. After all- what's a splurge at a stitch lounge without some fat quarters? Just look at the cuteness!
I have no idea what I'll make with the fabric, but it looks very much at home in my stash. I'm sure I'll be inspired to pull out my sewing machine again soon. As for the Shibui Sock, I can think of a million different sock patterns to knit up with it. Since it's 100% superwash merino, and tightly spun (and I've used it before on Cookie A's Hedera socks and LOVED it), more socks are definitely on the horizon. I'm planning on trying something out of the Sock Knitting Master Class book that I borrowed from the library. I'm eyeing Almondine- it's surprisingly simple, with elegant results. Of course, that's all likely to change, so I will keep you posted.

Speaking of socks- I'm making spectacular progress on my striped socks. I know I said they'd be my in between project, but after I finished my hat this weekend I couldn't find a good pattern to cast on, so I just kept knitting away on them. I turned the heel last night while Atticus was down for a nap.
I've been using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel a lot lately- it's just so much faster than the traditional heel flap and gusset. Definitely check it out if you haven't already- it's a life changer, and quickly becoming my go to heel method.

I did manage a finished object since my last post- HOORAY- and I *LOVE* it!!! I whipped up the Spring Beret in about a day and a half- mostly while watching Interstellar (oh, man- what an incredible film). It knit up easy-peasy in Malabrigo Worsted. I soaked it and blocked it over a giant Tupperware bowl to get it to be extra slouchy, even though I only knit up 3 lace pattern repeats instead of the 4 called for in the pattern. It's perfect!
It even matches my hair!

Lastly, as promised, I got a shot of my Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief off the blocking mats and in the wild. It's a bit cloudy today, so the lighting isn't the greatest- but I still love it to pieces!
I know I'll be wearing this A LOT- it's super versatile and the beads add a nice touch of shine without making it too dressy. It's just classy enough (much like yours truly, LOL).

That's it for now. I'll be on the lookout for a good non-sock project soon, so if you have a pattern you really, really love- please share!

Comments

Popular Posts