Shawl We Go?

Hooray- another finished object!!!

My Tan House Brook shawl is done, blocked, and gorgeous! The pattern went very quickly, and Jennifer Lassonde did a great job writing clear and easy to follow directions. Love this shawl.
The completed shawl was about 400 yards (possibly even a few more yards), and I submitted for points in the Around Your Neck KAL that Dianne is hosting in the Suburban Stitcher Podcast Group on Ravelry. My grand total is 4 points so far- 3 points for yardage, and an extra point for using a sponsor's pattern. I know the odds are not in my favor of winning anything- but these KALs are totally motivating me to knit, knit, knit!

I haven't quite finished my rainbowlicious Love Wins socks yet, but I've done everything but the afterthought heel.
My neurotic need to have the stripes match up perfectly paid off! I'm still on the fence about the heels. Now I'm considering having them be a completely contrasting color, but I'm not sure which one. I dunno. I'll let them hang out at home this week while I'm on vacation, and I'll see how I feel about them when I get back.

After blocking out my shawl, I decided to start the Laurel Hat that I had mentioned in my last post. I ended up choosing some of my beloved Cephalopod Yarns Traveller from my stash (I say beloved, because not only is it so, so beautiful, the yarn is discontinued and therefore very precious). I went with a DK weight instead of a worsted because the number of stitches to cast on was pretty high so I figured smaller yarn and needles would make the pattern work without having to change anything as written, or- GOD FORBID- do any math. I have many hats that have stretched out after extensive wear, I thought I'd err on the side of caution for this one.
This colorway is fantastic! It's called Casco Bay (which I thought was very appropriate, since I'll likely be working on this on the drive up to Nova Scotia and we'll be passing Casco Bay along the way), and it's all sorts of lovely blue, teal, and aqua shades. I'll try to get an action shot on the road! This will definitely be done by the end of the KAL in TV Nerd Knits Ravelry Group on July 31st- I may even knit another one by then!

I had a very happy mail day this week. My Yarnbox Socks shipment arrived, and it did not disappoint. This is Oink Pigments 100% USA Made (grown, spun, and dyed) Sheep to Shelf sock yarn!  It's 90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon, and 420 yards of super duper soft, pettable joy.
This color is Tumbling Turquoise and it is so bright and happy! I seriously just look at it and smile. I can't help myself

The other wonderful package in the mailbox was this breathtaking hank of Sunrise Fiber Co. Indelible Sock yarn in the Jelly Bean colorway.
This was another Skein Cocaine Instagram yarn auction acquisition from Gina of Wool Workshop. I love unwrapping her packages- they always come with some bonus treats! Is there a more surefire way to gain repeat customers than including candy? I think not.

Alrighty, folks- we hit the road tomorrow morning. I've already availed myself of Ravelry's awesome Road Trip feature and informed Matt of our planned pitstops. Be sure to follow me on Instagram if you want to see the shenanigans I get into.

Comments

Popular Posts