Orange Is the New Shawl Color

I finally finished my Pebble Beach Shawl! Hooray!!!

I absolutely love how it knit up- it's so beautiful. I plowed through the picot bind off after about two (busy) days. I haven't had a lot of time to knit this week, but I really wanted to finish this. Once I got a good groove going, it was great. Et voila! She makes me very happy- I adore the Tomato color! This is my first finished object for the Suburban Stitcher's Around Your Neck KAL, and there's still loads of time to keep knitting (and keep my neck warm).

The Tan House Brook Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde (host of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast) is another lovely shawl I had been eyeing for a while. The discount code she offered for the Around Your Neck KAL was great incentive to take the plunge, so I dug through my stash and looked for something sparkly! I'm all about the bling lately (can you blame me?).
I used my skein of Ethereal Fibers Starlight Sock, which has gold stellina! LOVE IT! It looks like a sparkletastic Creamsicle. This yarn is wonderful. If you haven't checked out Kellee's amazing yarn dying skills yet- GO NOW! Her June sale is going on for a few more days- definitely take advantage and grab yourself something pretty.

Speaking of pretty things, have you guys heard that Knit Picks Felici is back??? OMG- this yarn is the bee's knees! I was super bummed when I found out it was discontinued, because it's a sturdy, inexpensive self striping sock yarn, so I practically did a backflip when I saw the good news on Instagram! I just can't get enough self striping sock yarn- striped socks are totally where it's at! Behold the glorious haul!

I scored 10 skeins of their Special Reserve colorways (Baker Street, Gummy Bear, Mosaic, Wizard, and Teacup)- enough to knit up 5 pairs of awesome socks. There should even be enough in there to make some matching socks for me and the little dude! I'm so excited to have these in my stash. I don't know which to knit up first. Decisions, decisions.

I'd like to carve out some more knitting time this week and start a new pair of rainbow socks. I've been on a huge rainbow kick lately, so I caked up my highly coveted skein of White Birch Fiber Arts  in the spectacular Nothing Says Screw You Like A Rainbow colorway. I thought it was highly appropriate to use in light of the historic events of this past week. I just need to pick a pattern. These socks are going to be so great!!! They're going to be my love socks. Can't wait. I'll post pics on Instagram once I get my mojo going on these.

That's about it for now. I'll update as I make some progress on things. Happy knitting!



Comments

Popular Posts