A-tisket, A-tasket, More Yarn Goes in My Basket...

What a fantastic mail week I've had (and it's only Tuesday)! Lots of happy hanks of yarn made their way to my mailbox in the past couple of days.  AND I have a finished object! Feeling pretty chuffed about my knitting life. Let's start with the goodies, shall we?

My Yarnbox Socks subscription arrived, and it did not disappoint. The June shipment was MollyGirl Diva, and I received the I've Gotta Feelin' colorway. Angela dyes up the yarn and names the colors after song lyrics- how cool is that? From the MollyGirl website, "This glorious sparkletastic yarn is soft, squishy, and has enough glam to please even the pickiest of Divas! 435 yards of fingering weight yarn per skein, this base is 75% superwash merino yarn, 20% nylon, and 5% stellina." I could not have put it better myself- sparkletastic sums it up perfectly.
When I first opened the tube I was a bit surprised by the color I received- I'm usually not a green yarn girl- but the beautiful emerald tones grew on me super quickly. I love it now! Not sure what this will become, but I'm thinking a shawl- possibly even adding beads to amp up the sparkle factor. The more bling the better as far as I'm concerned. Pattern suggestions are, as always, welcome and encouraged.

After Instagram stalking for weeks, I finally gave in and ordered from REPUBLIC of WOOL- this little lovely arrived yesterday, and she is GORGEOUS!
I chose the Spark color in the Twist Fingering base (80/20 superwash and nylon). It's a very cool pink and orange combo with speckles- and it is just divine! It's crazy soft and squishy and the color saturation is epic. Whatever this decides to become, I'm confident it will be magnificent. Michele even included a REPUBLIC of WOOL pin with my order- so awesome!

The last package I received came all the way from Yarn Indulgences in Canada, and it was actually a prize for winning Sarah's (AKA @stashandknit) Instagram contest a few weeks ago. I confessed how knitting makes me a liar per her prompt- it seems like whenever I vow not to buy more yarn there is a delicious hank that makes me break my promise. Every. Single. Time. My pants are totally on fire.
Sarah sent me some Indulgent Merino Silk Fingering in the Citrus colorway, which is a golden straw color with lovely bursts of muted greens and oranges. It is SOOO soft- probably because it's 50% superwash merino and 50% silk. The sheen on this is spectacular! At 438 yards this will make a very pretty shawlette, though I haven't decided which one yet.
She also sent me her ZED MCN Worsted, a 80% superwash merino 10% cashmere and 10% nylon blend. Heavenly. Sarah sent the Wokin color, which is a sort of golden amber brown- it almost glows and has a wonderful, fuzzy halo.
This color was used in the (free) Raglan Cowl pattern on her blog, and I think it'd come in VERY handy during the colder months. It seems like the perfect layering piece for bitter New England winters. To be honest, though, it might not necessarily become this particular cowl, but it feels too delicious not to wear right next to my skin. I just want to nuzzle this yarn all day long!

I did finish my Boelle cowl on Sunday, and the seemingly never-ending picot bind-off was completely worth it on my finished piece. Drumroll, please...
I decided not to wet block this after reading some pretty discouraging comments on the Sugar Rush page about other Ravelry users' post-blocking and wear experiences with this yarn. I figured I'd rather leave this as-is than risk having a limp, lifeless piece. I may try steam blocking just the edging a bit later on if need be, but it looks good for now. I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters.
Alas, I did not win any prizes in the Chic Knits group KAL, but there's always next time. I still have a few more chances to win with the other KALs I've joined- so I need to get cracking on my other UFOs to qualify.

I do have a few more treats en route to my craft room, so I'll be posting again soon. After that I'll (hopefully) stick to my yarn diet until Rhinebeck (!!!!!) in October. I'm sure there will be a few moments of weakness, but I'm trying to convince myself it'll be worth it. I think I can. I think I can...

Comments

Popular Posts