Pedi Sock Palooza

Another spectacular week for knitting progress- and things in general! Had some wonderful friends over this weekend (hey Alexa and Erica- you guys are the best!), and a pretty great party on Saturday night- for no reason other than to remind ourselves that we're still fun people in addition to being awesome parents. Sometimes we all need a reminder of that fact. Though I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done this weekend because I was so busy partying it up with great friends, I did find time for a row or two here and there- and I do have some finished (and half-finished) objects to show off! Hooray!

I finished Jessica's Pedi Socks- and they are absolutely adorable! It never occurred to me how cute these would be until I saw them on my sock blockers and immediately wanted a pair for myself. They're the bee's knees!
As I mentioned before, these definitely would not be the last pair of pedi socks I knit, but I had no idea I'd be casting on another pair so quickly!

Someone contacted me through my Etsy shop after she saw Jessica's and asked if I could make a pair for her sister in law. Of course I can! That's what I do! I sent her a few yarn options based on what I had in my stash and- VOILA!- pair number two of pedi socks was born.
I am using some lovely pink S. R. Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo that has been in my stash for a while, and is knitting up quite nicely. I have no idea why I never used it before now, but I'm glad I finally did. Though it's a bit splitty, it's easy enough to work through with some sharp, metal tips- I'm using ChiaoGoo Red Lace circular needles and the stainless steel makes knitting with this yarn a piece of cake. I have already started the second sock, and hope to be finished with the pair in the next day or two. After that, maybe I'll be able to cast on a pair for myself. I won't hold my breath, though.

My personal knitting has had to go on the back burner now that I have some Etsy orders on the horizon, but I did manage to sneak in something for the Rainbowalong. My Electric Rainbow Monkey Socks are working up so beautifully in the Twist Light. I present to you my rainbow HO:
The color just screams 80s to me and is practically making my inner wannabe- Jem squeal with delight! I cranked out the first one in a few days and cast on for the second sock, but I have to finish the pedi socks (and a few other knitting commitments) before getting back to work on this pair. I can't wait!!!

I also cast on a Carrie for Winter Camp- which counts for loads of bonus points (featured designer, color, and theme). As usual with all of Megan Sanders' patterns, I love it! I'm using Celestial Strings Shuffle Sock from a previous Yarnbox shipment, and it's just heaven!
The pretty pinks and purples are spectacular, and the garter stitch pattern is perfect for watching TV or for squeezing a few rows in before bed (which I am guilty of on a regular basis). My hope was to have it completed before Valentine's Day, but I may not be able to make that deadline with so many other projects on my plate. If that doesn't work out as planned, I'd like to get it done before the end of the month to earn all the bonus points possible for my Winter Camp team (Go Team Panda)!

As you can see, there are lots of projects in the works- and that's not even counting the many ideas floating around in my head and scrawled across the pages of my notebook. I am really enjoying having so many options for what to work on, and may keep the WIPs coming- within reason, of course. Maybe I'll even finish some WIPs that have been hanging out for a while... You'll just have to stay tuned to find out! Keep you posted, friends. Until next time-- just keep knitting.



Comments

Popular Posts