Let's flashback to last weekend...



There, now that's better.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to have a mini-vacation in New York City with Matt. We partied a little too hard, but I'll focus on the things I can remember.

I managed to make my way to Purl Soho (even with a wicked hangover) and let me tell you- this place is gorgeous! See for yourself- it's just lovely.

Being so inspired by their incredible wall of yarn, I couldn't very well leave empty handed, could I? No, of course not. I did a little damage to my credit limit and picked up a skein of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in a color called Nassau Blue. It is absolutely stunning- rich, saturated aquas and teals- I cannot do it justice. The picture fails to capture the depth of all the beautiful blue and green shades, but believe me when I say it's divine. It is a 100% merino wool fingering weight yarn, and is super soft and squishy.
I'm still not sure what it will become, but it will be spectacular! It's not the first skein of Tosh Merino Light to find it's way into my stash, but it's probably my favorite.

The other little beauty I picked up on my yarn shopping spree was a skein of Anzula Cloud in the Hyacinth colorway- a bright, almost bubble gum pink. It makes me so happy just looking at it.
It is an unbelievably soft light fingering weight made up of 80% merino, 10% cashmere, and 10% nylon (polyamide), but it feels like touching a baby chick. The yardage is pretty hefty, too- at 575 yards this will make a nice size shawl for spring. I've been thinking about knitting up another Hitchhiker with it, perhaps with some beads, but it's still too early to tell what this wants to become.

Since I finished my first ever (but certainly not my last) Hitchhiker shawlette during my visit I decided to gift it to my mom, since she very graciously took care of Atticus all weekend so Matt and I could have a very adult couple of days (which may or may not have involved sake bombs- I'll never tell). I absolutely love this pattern! It was fun to knit, and very, very meditative. After a few repeats I memorized the pattern and really got into a good rhythm, so much so that I was able to finish it in a week- even while still adulting! Go me!!! Here's my mom striking a pose.

It really was a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to do it again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts